With Coronavirus that suddenly hit the world, teachers and students find themselves forced to embrace technology in order to enforce learning despite the ongoing pandemic. This calls for not just a school website (read fastcomet review 2021 for a better school website to provide the needs of your students), but also a strategy to cope up with these sudden changes.
Schools, Education, and Covid 19
It has become a challenge for many countries, especially in the Third World where internet connection is not available to all, plus the fact that not everyone can afford digital devices such as desktop computers, laptops, or smartphones.
And if there’s one available, it may not be able to accommodate the needs of all students in one household, considering that in one household, there could be two or more students who need to attend online classes.
- This calls for a major planning and shifting of gears as to how to provide proper education in times of pandemic when technology is not available to many. Major funding from the government is needed to provide digital resources to schools, students, and teachers. This would be a way to make sure that the education of every student is not hindered by this virus.
- More than just funding, there should be development of new technology and tools in order to help teachers and students adapt to the changes, such as new devices that can be used in classrooms.
- Technology is a major aspect of education, and it would be a big mistake for governments and teachers to not take advantage of its ability to help teach students. The problem would be solved if the government funds and develops new technology to help educate students in times of crisis.
The problem is that many people are not able to access internet due to lack of connection, which makes it hard for those who do have internet access to use it effectively. This issue would call for a solution that would make internet connection more accessible and affordable.
How Governments Around The World Are Coping With Immediate Changes In Education
- There are many ways that governments around the world are dealing with this issue. In the United States, the government made it clear that they are not going to let the virus get them down. They have spent a lot of money on research and development, which is putting their students at an advantage over other countries who do not have the same resources.
- In Europe and other neighboring countries, they have specifically allotted funds to embrace the immediate changes of education. Amendments in bills and other policies had also been discussed in order to reach out to those who are not able to afford the resources to meet the demands of online education. The help of teachers and parents are enlisted to ensure that every child gets proper education. They have the greatest role in these changes as they will be directly participating in these changes.
- This is not far different with governments in Asia, like in Nepal. The sudden changes in education had the governments shift their gears and pull out available resources. Students will have to adapt to a blended form of education, a mix of modules and online learning. Students who have difficulty attending online classes are encouraged to watch specific TV programs specially designed to teach, assuming a classroom environment.
There are many ways to meet the demands of these changes. And so far, after a year of experimenting with technology, schools, parents, and teachers can satisfactorily say that the students were able to adapt to these changes too.